Friday, May 9, 2008

Ones Desire, Anothers Agony


In economics professor Robbins had said, “wants are unlimited and resources are limited.” Every human being has a desire a fire a want and they do all that is there in their power to achieve that. Our wants never cease to end. They just keep increasing and that’s human nature. Something just never change. It’s been there since early man age. Where first he need to cover himself so there was skin hides then he wanted a spear then he wanted a mode of transport then he was lazy to do his own work so he wanted to tame animals and so on. Sorry for the history lecture.
When I was in school I used to always wish that it rained so hard that school is called off for the day. I used to keep praying for that. Then I went to college and the wishes changed I used to be like I hope I get attendance without actually attending a lecture. Then I came to work and I was like I hope it rains so hard that the trains are no longer operational.
U wish for things that are going to benefit u without realizing what it would do to people around u. I shall tell you about one of those episodes where I realized what I wished for and how it cased havoc for people around me.
It was raining one night and raining pretty heavily and I was like I hope the trains shut down. And they didn’t I went to work I was sitting next to these workers who must be traveling from really far localities to reach this workplace. And I was talking to them and innocently told them oh how I wish the rains would have never stopped and the trains would have been shut. And he looked at me and smiled and said Nirav I was up all night removing all the water that had come into my house due to the rains. And I was so hurt cause I wished for something but didn’t realize how many people would suffer from it. He was telling me how he let his wife n child sleep while he was removing water from his hut with a bucket in hand all night. And that’s the day I decided I would not wish for such extremities. I don’t know how many of Ur’ll have gone through this. Or experienced somebody else’s pain in this manner.
Lets make a vow guys let’s wish for others for once. And not for ourselves. For ones wish may be agony for another. Take care everyone. Keep smiling.

No comments: