Monday, May 12, 2008

Looks Do Matter....


You often here one saying looks don’t matter to them and all. I think its all a load of crap. Looks do matter. Yes they may not be the ultimate criteria but yes they do matter. Anyone who tells that looks don’t matter they would be lying. Even names matter they really do. I know it sounds kind of stupid but they really do.
I will give u an example I am sorry if I am hurting anyone with this name or has an association with someone of this name. If one were to go online and not seen each other and were chatting imagine this. A guy would be chatting to 2 different girls. One is named Priyanka and the other Vijaylakshmi. Now the guy hasn’t seen either of them but yet he would be more inclined to talk to Priyanka than to Vijaylakshmi. No matter who is a better person but a visual image is made of they would be just from the names. I don’t know how many of your’ll have done this or seen someone doing this but I have done this myself I do feel horrible about it but it has happened to me. Now the question is why do we do this I mean why does it happen? What makes us do that? I have got no answers even though I have to an extent got myself to stop doing that ad start being a lot more open and non-judgemental of people around me with different names.
The same thing goes for looks. I mean 2 different people presenting the same project in front of a board of directors. It will easier for the handsome/hot looking guy/girl to get his/her proposal accepted than the other person. The packetting is always important. It’s not the substance inside that’s important. We always look at what attracts our eyes. I don’t know how many people would agree with me but it’s the fact of life. The packaging is a lot more important than what’s there on the inside. We always want to believe what we see is what really is. Always want everything on hand rather than searching for it. Its human nature. How many of us have made an effort to look beyond the way a person looks?
Sometimes when u tend to look at the person and are only concerned about the looks think about this would u want to be judged only on your looks?
Skin decays, u wont look the same after many many years. Being beautiful is to have a beautiful heart and soul and not just a beautiful face or body..
Think about it…

No comments: