Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Goal Keeping


No I am not here to talk about the football. Goal keepers apparently are one of most important players when it comes to football. When they make great saves they are spoken highly off but it soon dies away. But when he makes a blunder he is spoken about on every channel written about in every newspaper and mocked by one and all.
We too are like goal keepers. When we do something good yes people talk about us and rave about us but not with the same intensity as they would if u made a blunder. Then u are world famous. At every opportunity u will be reminded of the mistake u made. People make sure that u never forget the mistakes u have committed in your life even though u really want to forget and get a move on.
We tend to always remember the bad phases, incidents or accidents in life but do we remember the good ones as often as the bad ones. I have an experience to share with everyone.
I was having a real bad phase when I started my work. Didn’t have a direction didn’t have any motivation and frankly no interest to do what I was doing. I was struggling and didn’t know what to do. I quit my work twice and yet in the end I came back to do my work. I am lucky since it’s my family business I can get out n come back into it. U know my blog says imagination rules the world. Well that’s exactly how it works. When u in deep shit you are mentally negative and pessimistic about everything. U imagine everything going wrong and u know more often than not it does go wrong. So I made a few bad choices when I started off made a few blunders back answered a few people. I paid the price for it. I got a lot of stick from people and I even got a tag of a time pass. As I was not serious enough about my work and used to keep joking around. Till date u will not believe it till today people remind me of it at my workplace.
Even when I started doing things right it took a lot of time for people to finally come to terms that I have changed for the better and that I am a lot more serious about my work. Its difficult though to shake off the tag that u achieve at the first impression. As I said we are goal keepers the blunders are infamous and the saves are just there like any other accolade.
This is the way life is, this is what people do. Question is do u want to be one of them or are u looking for a change in perspective?

No comments: